Friday, July 30, 2010

Worry makes the heart grow fonder?

I know it's been forever since I've posted. Since October I have had one more eye surgery, been back to Illinois two more times, and worry about three more things. Ok that's a lie - more like eight million more things.

I have two parents that worry a ridiculous amount (although my dad would never admit it anyone) and one brother that does not, so that leaves their eldest to pick up the worrying slack. I worry about anything possible I can worry about at work, I worry about money (because I am poor and also in debt ... a vicious cycle that I am slowly crawling away from), I worry about my friends, I worry about Sly my cat, I worry about my weight, I worry about school, I worry about my future ... speaking of future, the biggest thing I worry about is AN ENGAGEMENT!

For those of you that don't know me, I have been dating my boyfriend for almost three years. September marks the big day, and he has said that we can take a weekend trip somewhere. Ok. STOP!!!! Jake does not do this. He does not like to go places, visit historical sites, the beach, shopping, anything tourist-y, and he does not like to go on anything labeled "vacation." As a twenty-six year old female who wants to be married and have kids by the time she's thirty my mind immediately says ... hmmm. Interesting. I wonder why my boyfriend - who has said that I will be surprised when I get a ring pulled out in front of me - has agreed to such an idea. I need Miss Marple to help me figure out this mystery ...

... because I don't want to be wrong about this. I do not want to get my hopes up only to have them drown in a misery filled jacuzzi (that we hopefully have in our room). I have gotten my hopes up a few times before in this relationship and each time the gift received was not THE RING. And that was a little disappointing. Ok, a lot disappointing. Needless to say, I have been discussing the case with my best friend Kristine and my mother, both of whom agree on the fact that I need to be patient and that when the time is right it will happen. Which is true, but it will also spurn me into a worrying vortex that has the capability to consume my life.

Because how do you KNOW. I mean how do you really know that the one you are with is the one for you? And how do you sync up the knowing with your partner?

And does Miss Marple have a consulting fee?

1 comment:

  1. Searching for your email on FB and I found this... :) Love ya Kelly! :)

    ReplyDelete